PARENT’S RIGHT TO KNOW
Parent’s Right to Request a Teacher’s and a Paraprofessional’s Qualifications:
By law, LEAs are required to notify parents of their ‘Right to Know’ the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers. In Georgia, within 30 calendar days from the start of school, LEAs are required to notify parents in all schools that they may request, and the LEA will provide the parents on request, information regarding the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers or paraprofessionals, including at a minimum, the following:
- Whether the student’s teacher—
- has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
- is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to request information concerning your child’s teacher’s qualifications, please contact Tracy Caldwell (ULHS Principal) at 706-647-8171.